Hello! and welcome to Nomad Notebook. I've been contemplating making a blog for a while now but have finally caved in as a distraction to writing my dissertation. I used to dabble in blog writing as a teenager and have since been hooked on reading blogs. Some long time favourites include Lily loves Lola, The Clueless Girl and From Gem with Love. Heck, I even got my boyfriend to create and write a few posts over on his own blog Bronto Writes (he has a thing for brontosauruses.. need i say any more?), however he got disheartened at the lack of readers but eventually i aim to get him back onto the blogging bandwagon as i thought his posts were quite funny.
Things have changed a lot both in the blogging community and with me since i first flirted with the blogging scene; I've completed my undergraduate degree, met the love of my life, moved cities and feel as if i'm about to embark on a exciting new chapter of my life very soon.
My blog will document my thoughts and feelings about the goings on in my life, ranging from recipes to DIY's to travel photos. I guess it will fit into the lifestyle blog category but i'll just be posting about things that interest me!
As this is an introduction I guess I should include a few little facts about me:
- I'm currently studying for my Masters degree and actually really enjoy researching and expanding my knowledge.
- I once met Rolf Harris in a French supermarket... and I used to think this was the most amazing random fact ever and would use it in job interviews. Not so much anymore...
- I love food but I also love health and fitness. Currently food is winning this battle! Hopefully I can change this over the course of the next year.
- I'm due to be moving country this year (scary but exciting!).
- I've always had a bit of a fascination with the South West of France since spending extended amounts of time there every year as a child. I still love it there.
Thanks for reading and I hope to see you around Nomad Notebook again soon!